Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Info on "Q" Magazine.

From: Edward_Lee_Whiteside@cup.portal.com
Date: Sun, 25-Jun-89 19:22:45 PDT
Subject: Re: Info on "Q" Magazine.

Here'S the info in the July Issue I just picked up at a local Tower Records
store:
Overseas Subscription Rates
Air Mail to USA #46 (That's 46 Pounds Sterling, which is at a more favorable
exchange rate that it has been, about $1.55 instead of $1.8 or $1.9)
Address:   Q Subscriptions, Park House, 117 Park Road, Peterborough PE1 2TR
(Tel: 0733 555161).
The magazine is usally available at Tower Records (although they don't always
get very many), price on the latest issue is marked at $3.95 by Tower, $4.25
on the actual magazine (an actual benefit of the better exchange rates?).
I just recently saw the June issue at a Wladenbooks (or was it a B. Dalton's?)
so the magazine is starting to become more available in the U.S.  The July
issue has articles on Paul McCartney,
Tom Petty, John Lyndon, and Pete Townshend.  They also have a lot of albums
and CD reviews (including reissue CDs), as well as reviews of books, videos an
movies.  They occasionally have articles on British TV (including one on Th
Comic Strip a while back and one recently on French and Suanders).  I'd sugges
trying to find a local source for it before you pay the extra for a
subscription, though.