Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comment on the Lyrics server

From: scottm@mist.cs.orst.edu (Michael Gordon Scott)
Date: 22 Jun 89 19:27:02 GMT
Subject: Comment on the Lyrics server
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@cs.orst.edu

OK, I keep hearing everyone saying that they cannot get access to the lyrics
server.  I have been using it for quite some time (I got all the lyrics to
KaTe, REM, the Cure, and other favorites).

For all of you who do not know how to use it, I am posting another article
to this group that is the instructions from the server itself.  I recommend
that the first two requests you make is to ask for a list of the albums that
the server has the lyrics to, and also ask for the instructions (just for
practice).  The server is real quick in responding, and you will usually get
your request back in 15-20 minutes.  This is a real NEAT service, and if the
moderator of it is listening, I personally thank you for providing this service.

Again, my next post will be the complete instructions for the server...

Good Luck ;-)

--------

Michael Scott

Internet: scottm@mist.cs.orst.edu

"When I am a man, I will be an Astronaut, and find Peter Pan."
	--"In search of Peter Pan"	by KaTe Bush