Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY"

From: Todd Keenan Bowman <tb0o+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 89 17:31:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY"

	I recently saw Kate Bush's "The Whole Story" videotape.   Not being too
familiar with her music I was willing to give it a try.  All in all I
would have to say I was turned off by the whole mess.   Her voice was
annoying as hell in the Wuthering Heights and Army Dreamers ( though I
did like the effect with her eyes ) videos.  I found nearly all of the
videos to be plain boring.   I can't understand why she has such a large
cult following.   She isn't even good looking.   Everyone says what a
great dancer she is,  buy I thought she looked like a cross between
clumsy and ridiculous.

	On the bright side I admit to liking the songs "Running up that Hill"
and "Experiment IV".  Also the videos for both were very well done.  ( I
even liked her dancing in Running up that Hill )
Even with these few bright spots,  I still don't understand why so many
people seem to blindly worship her.  Oh well.

Todd Bowman
Carnegie Mellon