Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Two cents' worth

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 89 09:05:56 EST
Subject: Two cents' worth

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds!
  Well, while the controversy rages as to whether these demo tapes are
legit and legal, *I* would like to contribute MY two cents' worth on
another subject....that being Gabriel's latest effort, _Passion_.  I
picked the CD up last week, and, for those of you who enjoyed Pete's _Birdy_
soundtrack as much as I did, I can't recommend the album strongly enough.
It's wonderful!!  And it certainly lives up to its name; it's very moving
and powerful, and I got goosebumps more than once on my first listen-through.
At this point, my own personal favorites include "A Different Drum", where
Pete's vocals are the most evident, and the absolutely gorgeous "With This
Love", which features an oboe piece that'll break your heart. (I'm no big
fan of classical-type music, but this song literally brought tears to my
eyes).
  So, Gabriel fans, we have cause for celebration.  Granted, you won't
hear any of the material from _Passion_ on the radio.  Pity that the
rest of the world won't know what it's missing.
  Take care, all.

                                       All the best,
                                           Deb Wentorf