Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More noise about tape II

From: mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett)
Date: 21 Jun 89 00:31:47 EDT (Wed)
Subject: More noise about tape II

> Really-From: mcvax!eutrc3!rcbamw@uunet.UU.NET (m.waucomont)
>
> Please let the quarrel about obsKuriTies II being illegal stop! I don't want
> it to spoil the delight of listening to it. The knowledge that one day I will
> receive obsKuriTies II and will have the privilege to enjoy this music has
> improved my mood drastically. But that might change if, while listening to
> it, I will have to think things like "Am I violating Copyright Laws?",
> "Did the original of this tape have a copyright notice on it?",
> "Am I doing something unjust to Her?". Please don't do that. Please.

Right.  See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.  This is why the world
is full of pirates.  Someone else says, "Ethical issues are something I
don't want to consider," or something to that effect.  Sheesh.

People spend too much time thinking about whether things are legal,
i.e., whether they will get CAUGHT doing something wrong.  If she
doesn't want her work distributed, then it's wrong to do it whether or
not you get caught.  I guess if you don't understand this after you're
about 12 years old, you never do.

I'm glad that Tim brought this up, just as I was about to send in my
request.  I had assumed that these were simply songs that no distributor
wanted to touch, NOT that Kate was opposed to their distribution.

What *is* the truth here?  I'd love to have a copy if it's legit, but
not by "nyah nyah, I got it in spite of you and you can't catch me."

-mm-
---
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett
uucp: mem@zinn.MV.COM  (  ...{decvax|elrond|harvard}!zinn!mem   )
Northern MA and Southern NH consultants:  Ask (in mail!) about MV.COM