Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1989 11:52:33 PDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest

Tim Maroney (tim@toad.com) sez:

>Subject: Re: IED's continued fulminations against the heretic
>
>Has it ever occurred to Monsieur Marvick that perhaps the reason some of
>us do not rush to buy his illegal bootlegs is out of respect for Ms. Bush
>and a consequent reluctance to steal from her?  Were she consulted about
>the project, I am quite sure her feelings would be anything but positive.
>He is fortunate to escape prosecution for his scheme, in my opinion.

This still does not address the question of why over 100 people rushed
to get a copy of _obsKuriTies 1_.  More then 100 people found the
means to BUY a blank cassette and mail it to someone, including return
postage.  Exactly what is the difference between BUYing a tape, and
mailing it to someone in order to get a copy of _obsKuriTies 1_, and
sending CASH to IED in order for him to pay for the blank tape and the
copying?

I see no difference.

Remember, IED is not making any money on this deal (he's probably
going to lose money in the end).

Anyway, maybe the slowness of orders has something to do with the
school year, summer vacation, etc.

	-- John