Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Images and Tapes

From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 89 16:38:28 BST
Subject: Images and Tapes
Posted-Date: Thu, 15 Jun 89 16:38:28 BST

>From: cyan!meadley@uunet.UU.NET (A. Meadley)
>I cannot use remote ftp from my site to grab those
>wonderful images of Kate for my SUN.
>
>Is there anyone who would be willing to e-mail them to me ??

Ditto. My mail addresses are as follows.

UUCP:   ..!mcvax!ukc!rlinf!nbc
ARPA: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

It goes without saying that I will be "over the moon" to receive
any and "sick as a parrot" if I don't. (G. Linekar, 1989).

>From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
>Several of the above have expressed bemusement and/or consternation
>over the fact that orders for copies have not been coming in faster than
>they have. IED has no explanation to give. He is himself amazed that this
>group numbers so few truly serious enthusiasts of Kate Bush's work. It
>is a depressing but unignorable fact that the large majority of the
>readers/contributors to Love-Hounds are not even sufficiently involved
>in the One True God to go to the minimal trouble of packing off an
>order for these recordings.

There could be a number of reasons for this:
1) A reluctance to deal in bootlegged material - true for a few I guess
2) No access to a tape machine - this was true for me until quite recently
3) Too busy listening to Kate to go to the PO - well?
4) Too lazy - all too true in my case at least
5) Prefer the excitement of tracking down their own copy - quite possible
6) Nothing less than digital hi-fi will do - could be
7) Bad experiences with tapes in the mail - cf. compilation tape saga
 add to these in my own case
8) Guilt 'cos I still haven't sent IED something I promised him (1/2 :-) )

For British Lovehounds, or at least those with a video recorder and/or
insomnia, Channel 4 are screening "The Secret Policeman's Third Ball - The
Music" as prt of The Late Shift on tuesday 20th June at 12.50am. KB is of
course featured.

Neil

P.S. Is it really true that there will be no more episodes of Moonlighting -
yea I know this isn't rec.arts.tv but I thought I'd risk slipping this in.