Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Looking for lyrics?

From: Laura J. Recko <LRECKO%WISCPSL.BITNET@VM1.NoDak.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 89 09:31 CDT
Subject: Looking for lyrics?
Original_To: EDU%"LOVE-HOUNDS@EDDIE.MIT.EDU"

Mark (Anderson) --

>Does anyone know whether the Lyrics Server has lyrics from any or all of
>Kate's albums?  (Has anyone actually successfully retrieved lryics from
>the server recently??)

I've seen other people respond to this and I just wanted to throw my two
cents worth in.  Yes,  I too have successfully retrieved lyrics from the
Server;  _The Kick Inside_, _Never for Ever_, _The Dreaming_.....(for
Tracy)  It seems their collection of Kate is complete (except they have
no lyrics for _The Whole Story_ because they can be found on other
albums).  For those hounds who don't have the address it's:

     Lyrics@UMass.BITNET                   (BITNET)
     Lyrics%UMass.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU   (Internet)

The Lyrics Manager asks that you keep your SUBJECT: line *blank*.  In the
body of the message, write:

Albums/Author=Kate Bush     (this will list album titles of Kate)
Songs/Album=The Dreaming    (will list all songs on the album)
Lyrics/Album=The Dreaming   (will list the lyrics of the album)

This can all be sent in the same message.  You can send requests for any
author and see what they say.....

- Laura
BITNET    lrecko@wiscpsl
Internet  lrecko%wiscpsl.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU
Easynet   RHEA::DECWRL::"lrecko@wiscpsl.BITNET"
UUCP      lrecko%wiscpsl.BITNET@psuvax1.UUCP
SPAN      JOINER::LRECKO or 43308::LRECKO (node 42.300)