Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Spirit of the Forest"

From: duane@Sun.COM (Duane Day, I.R. - Applications Development)
Date: 3 Jun 89 18:59:06 GMT
Subject: "Spirit of the Forest"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sun.Eng.Sun.COM

Watching today's "Our Common Future" benefit telecast, I was happily surprised
to see a few moments of Kate Bush - not in live performance, unfortunately,
although they did say that would have surprise guests (no, that's too much to
hope for...) but rather in a video for a new benefit song titled "Spirit of
the Forest".  The format of the portion of the video they showed is very
similar to the "We Are the World" video - many stars standing around in a
group, with headphones, some of them taking solo turns.  Kate actually has
a couple lines to herself, and if I remember correctly was joined by Jon
Anderson.  Other people I spotted include Little Steven, Debbie Harry,
and (I think) Lena Horne.

Are they showing the full video on MTV these days?  I hate to spend any
time watching MTV unless I know there's a good reason to do so...

I presume the song will be available as a single.  Might we also hope for
a 12", perhaps with an as-yet-unreleased Kate song?  Also - does anyone
know the story behind this song, i.e. who wrote it, who organized it,
etc.?  Nina Blackwood, who's hosting this thing, was pretty sketchy in
her information (as usual).

************************ |UUCP: {hplabs,decwrl,<others>}!sun!thismoment!duane
.but one of the choices | COM: duane%thismoment@sun.com
turns existence into art |ARPA: duane@sun.arpa