Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Universe is in Harmony

From: laural@cs.utexas.edu (Laura La Gassa)
Date: 1 Jun 89 03:43:39 GMT
Subject: The Universe is in Harmony
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I must admit I cancelled my subscription to r.m.gaffa last week because,
well, because.  I got my _Cathy Demos_ tape today, and was sort of half-
listening to it, until I heard (what is for me) the last song on the second
side.  I nearly died -- it was "Another Day," which turns up on This Mortal
Coil's _It'll End in Tears_, sung by that other Lady with a Voice, Elizabeth
Fraser (of Cocteau Twins).  It was if all the heavenly spheres had suddenly
aligned (This Mortal Coil is my favorite "group.")

QUESTION:  Since I don't have my album copy of _IEiT_, did Kate write
"Another Day?"  If not, who did?

This was enough to make me re-subscribe to the group.

Excuse me while I go rewind my _Demos_ tape . . . .

Laura
laural@cs.utexas.edu