Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CDDNEWS Iss0/Vol0

From: "William M. Bumgarner" <wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 May 89 14:04:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: CDDNEWS Iss0/Vol0

CDNews -- Volume #0/Issue #0 -- May 18, 1989

Purpose: CDNews is a monthly (or so) compilation of news from the nets
pertaining to the quality and availability of compact discs.  It also
contains any items of interest that have shown up.   ...kind of a
Consumer Reports for compact disc consumers without the advertising...

Subscriptions: CDNews is a net mailing list that can be subscribed to by
mailing to <wb1j+CD.Request@andrew.cmu.edu> (please include an valid
internet address if the return path is not straight-forward).

Submissions: CDNews mailing is for net-readers and by net-readers.  If
you come up with some interesting tid-bit of information, submit it.
CDNews will mainly be based on news of CDs that are deficient,
defective, noisy, exceptionally good, have extra tracks, have unique
packaging, are exceptional well priced, etc... If you come across any
CDs that have any of these characteristics or others you feel everyone
should know about, submit it!   The address for submissions is
<wb1j+CD.Submissions@andrew.cmu.edu>.

-=+=-
vol0/iss0 Contents:
 -- It really is going to happen

-=+=-

It Really is Going to Happen
issue comes as a side effect of me being sick and trying to deal with
the end of the semester rush.  I am currently at home, and don't have
the best means of getting to the net (line-oriented poor quality
telnet), so will be able to compile the information, but probably not
send it out until mid-June.

The first issue will contain:  Erasure CDiscography, Depeche Mode rare
singles news, news of LP/CD differences (keep submitting Tem!),  list of
noisy CDs (far from complete-- submissions welcome),  good buys, typical
import pricing, and anything else that happens to fly my way in the next
week or two.

Any ideas, suggestions, and/or chatter regarding CDNews or compact discs
in general should be sent to <wb1j+CD.Chatter@andrew.cmu.edu>.  Related:
I am considering compiling things of interest by certain people who post
regularly (JohnUs CD ReviewUs' the 5 part article by an Apple employee
explaining CD technology; etc) and intermittently sending them out or
making them available... feelings, opinions, etc?

Sorry about the delay!

b.bum
<wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu>