Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!davidbro@uunet.uu.net
Date: Wed May 24 11:46:34 1989

From: davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (David Brown)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: good sounding boots
Date: 24 May 89 18:46:29 GMT

In article <890523125036E25.ABQJ@Mars.UCC.UMass.EDU > (UMass-Mailer 4.04) Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
 >Really-From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
 >      (Jonathan S. Drukman)
 >Personally, I don't think most of her songs are particularly stunning
 >live, but there are exceptions: my personal favorite has to be "James And
 >The Cold Gun" (the version found on the "On Stage" EP and Babooshka-
 >cover EP).  To put it in simple terms, IT KICKS ASS!  From the Hammersmith
 >show, "Moving" and "Feel It" are pretty good, and "Violin" is worth
 >hearing because the lyrics are different.  I dunno, I suppose IED will
 >bust my chops for daring to say that anything Kate is sub-standard, but
 >these are the facts, IMPO (in my pompous opinion)...

I picked up Kate Bush On Stage before I had Lionheart, so the first time I
heard Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake was the live version on KBOS.
IMHO, the energy of the live version makes it stand head and shoulders above
the studio version on Lionheart.  Of course, it may have something to do with
the fact that I heard the live version first...

 > !   !\             BITNET: jsd@umass
 >\!on !/rukman      ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
 >"Gimmee big mac, fries to go..." -- Pop Will Eat Itself

zap
--
Dave Brown                                       ...!uunet!microsoft!davidbro
Systems Division, Microsoft Corp., Redmond Wa.