Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new XTC bootleg

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 1989 11:34:14 PDT
Subject: Re: new XTC bootleg

barth@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Richards) sez:
>I recently found a new XTC bootleg, BLACK SEA TOUR '81.
>
>  It's in full stereo, and was obviously taken from a
>professionally done tape, and as it's just under an hour long, I'm lead to
>believe that it might be from the BBC College Concert Series, King Biscuit
>Flour Hour, or some other such radio concert series.

Yes, it's from the BBC College Concert series.  This bootleg (I just
saw this today, also) was probably taken directly from the BBC
transcription disc.  The sound quality of the original is really
great, and this is a pretty good performance, including the crowd
sing-along with the beginning of "Respectable Street".  The original
BBC record has an announcer at the beginning, and at the end of the
first half.

However, I believe "Set Myself on Fire" is the B-side to the "Towers
of London" single, and wasn't on the original BBC concert vinyl.

	-- John

--
The swastika and the hammer and symbol
Are sickles that reap only weeds  -- XTC