Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Earth Girls Are Easy

From: cjs@ulysses.att.com@hotlf.att.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 89 16:07 EDT
Subject: Earth Girls Are Easy

A distorted review of 'Earth Girls Are Easy'
(yes there is a reason why I don't get paid for this..)

First off, Julie 'Homecoming Queen's Got a gun'
Brown helped write the script.  What more can you ask for?

Yes, this means the show is
silly in ways, but the type of silly that will make
it a cult classic.  It also makes the show LOTS of FUN.
If you've seen and enjoyed shows like 'Hairspray'
and 'Little Shop of Horrors' you should like 'EGAE'.

By the way, the show has a PG rating.  The night I went there were
several middle school and high school age kids there...
So needless to say, there is a lack of bad words and sex.

As far as sex goes:  The women in the movie still tend to be
scampily clad (but to get that PG rating there aren't any nude
scenes (the token bedroom scene is very very
fuzzy)).  The men in the movie, unfortunately adequently
clad, are delicious.  There's even a little tongue action.
(I wonder if those kids at the show understand).

Best of all, the music is great.  There's 2 older Julie Brown tracks:
_I like them big and stupid_ and _'Cause I'm a blonde_ plus
another (I suppose new) Julie Brown track (it's
about haircare).  There's also 2 new B-52 tracks (one which has the
same tune as (geez what is that SONG?) but different words) and
Depeche Mode's Route 66.  And this is only 1/4 of the hits..
So if you're not thrilled at the thought of JB, rest assured
that you'll enjoy the movie anyway. I hope.  The JB songs are
sung (by JB) in video, 'LSOH' style.....

Interesting, the Julie Brown track _EGAE_ wasn't played..
There was a new song/lyrics/artists for the movie.  Must be
because JB's tune isn't rated PG.

And now, if you've actually stuck with me this
far in an almost non-review, I'll give away a great tidbit scene.
Our heroine is very distraught at her loved one and
destroying lots of his personal property... And it is..
no, not a Madonna album, (YES YES it is) that is thrown
in the fire.

The soundtrack is on Sire.