Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

10,000 Maniacs

From: jw@math.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 19 May 89 11:36:19 EDT
Subject: 10,000 Maniacs

>                           Just out of curiosity, and without
>intending to sound critical, what is it that makes not capitalizing
>proper names such an exciting activity for so many of you Love-Hounds?)

Sometimes people feel lazy and don't capitalize anything (names,
song titles, first words in sentences) because they know they'll
be understood anyway, they aren't used to the keyboard, they
don't type too well, or whatever. No disrespect is intended to
the owners of the names. What a silly question.

Here's another silly question: does anyone have copies of either or
both of the early 10,000 Maniacs albums (Secrets of the I-Ching and
Human Conflict Number Five) that they would consider taping for me?
I am willing to talk to you even if you went out and bought one of
the recently available bootlegs. What I am not willing to do is
buy one of the bootlegs myself. I am desperate to hear these records,
but don't want to encourage the bootleggers, especially as I was
requested not to in the latest 10,000 Maniacs mailing. (If you copy
a tape for me, you aren't denying anyone royalties, because I WILL
be buying the CD reissues when they become available.)  Thanks!

                                               Julian