Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

In search of the Demos

From: mcvax!inf.rl.ac.uk!nbc@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Mon, 15 May 89 19:45:11 BST
Subject: In search of the Demos

I was hoping to spend some time at a local record fair at the weekend
to try and see whether anyone had seen the Cathy Demos this side of the
water. Being typically unorganised I was only able to turn up about
10 minutes before the close, when most dealers had packed up. The ones
I talked to did not know anything.

However, I did find a copy of the 'Kate Bush Live in Japan' 7" - on
red vinyl (don't know if this is "standard" for that disc). The same
dealer also had a copy of the Live at Bristol double bootleg LP.

>From: scottm@mist.cs.orst.edu (Michael Gordon Scott)
>I have just received a letter of application to the Kate Bush Club in
>Kent, England.  Before I send off my application, plus the $25.00 fee,
>I was wondering if anyone out there in gaffa-land is currently involved
>with this club, and what benefits there are.

I was a member recently (I may still be since the last notification I
received told people not to renew their memberships until they had
something to publish) and could see very little benefit unless you
wanted a pen pal. Well, I guess there were some good photos in the few
copies of the Newsletter they managed to send out.

I would advise you to subscribe to Homeground if you don't already do so.
It is far more informative, regular and interesting. Besides it features
contributions from such luminaries as IED. What more could you ask for -
cheap at twice the price.

Be seeing you,
	Neil.