Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Wedding List

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 513, CH2-59" <AGOUGH%FAB6@sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 89 08:51 PDT
Subject: The Wedding List

     What is the "story" told in Kate's song, "The Wedding List" on the
_Never_For_Ever_ album?
     I have some specific questions too:  "She's a widow, all in red, with
his red still wet" -- Who is shot, when, and where?  Also, at the end of
the song, the following is sung (not on the lyrics sheet):  "After she shot
the <guard? guy? gun?>, she commited suicide."  What is the word is the
word I can't make out?

One final point:  IED, why don't YOU write a book!  You write it, have |>oug
review it--that should make it pretty error-free.  It could be the definitive
Kate-book, and if you started now, it could hit the shelves by the time
Kate's next album is released.  You almost have a book done already--all's you'd
have to do is edit all of your postings and merge them together.  Heck,
* I * could write the book for you by doing the same!  (Don't misunderstand
me--I really like your postings as being both informative and interesting;
they are somewhat verbose, though)

-andy