Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Wed, 3 May 89 01:40:28 CDT

Lucky Me!  A Blockbuster Video store has opened in Peoria.  They
have an amazing range of videos of all sorts, including (to my
delight) _The Whole Story_.  Having never seen most of the videos
thereon, I felt it necessary to rent it and see for myself what
Love Hounds have been talking about all this time....

A few comments and questions:

First off, KaTe is MORE beautiful than ever when you can see her
moving around, not just frozen in stills on her albums.  If only....
Oh well.  Hopefully I'll get the chance to see her in person (if
not up close) on Tour of Life II, right IED?

I must say that the flesh coloured leotard in _The Man With the Child in
his Eyes_ was quite, um, surprising until I realized that it WAS a
leotard.

Two questions about the _Breathing_ video:  is the backing spoken vocal
the description of a nuclear blast (that's what it sounds like)?  And
are those Kate's brothers (or some of them, and the rest of the band) in
the lake with her?

Are the fragments of live performance in the _Wow_ video from the Tour
of Life?  Is this a slightly different version of the song?  I liked
it better.....really!

Is there any "valid" compilation of videos that has the "moors" version
of _Wuthering Heights_ and the "Wogan" version of _Running up that Hill_?
The masks in _RutH_ were interesting, seeming to indicate being lost
among her imitators.....

The "symbol" she uses seemed to evolve from _Army Dreamers_:

	___
         |/
	 |\

to _The Big Sky_:

	___
	\|/
	/|\

Besides the Cover of _The Dreaming_ are there any other instances of
the appearance of this thing in various incarnations?

While I noticed that Kate was quite dramatic with her expressions in
several ov the videos, I thought the bug-eyed stance in _Sat In Your Lap_
rather ridiculous looking, to say the least.  Probably the only bad thing
I found in all of them....  Did anyone else notice the "See no Evil, Say
no Evil, Hear no Evil" relationship between Kate and the two jesters on
either side of her during the latter sections of _SIYL_?

Is the huge building that houses the studio in _Experiment IV_ actually
her studio, or one she's worked at?

I did find one other thing I didn't like in the videos....is there some
significance to her jerky, clockwork motions in _Babooshka_?  I really
didn't care for them.  Is the Bass symbolic (to do with Del perhaps?)

Overall, I loved the videos, I HAVE to get a VCR and a (legally bought)
copy of this tape.....
				...uiucdcs\
	Pete Hartman		......noao >!bradley!bucc2!pwh
				......cepu/

		INTERNET: bradley!bucc2!pwh@a.cs.uiuc.edu
		ARPA: cepu!bradley!bucc2!pwh@seas.ucla.edu
		IF ALL ELSE FAILS: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu