Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eno speaks

From: Yary Richard Phillip Hluchan <yh0a+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 May 89 15:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Eno speaks

Here are the lyrics for Kings Lead Hat, from a book co-authored by Brian Eno:

Dark alley (dark alley) black star
Four turkeys in a big black car
The road is shiny (birght shine) the wheels slide
Four turkeys going for a dangerous ride
The laquer crackles (black tar) the engines roar
A ship was turning broadside to the shore
Splish splash I was raking in the cash
The biololgy of purpose keeps my nose above the surface (OOH)
King's lead hat put the innocence inside her, it will come, it will come,
it will surely come
King's lead hat was a mother to desire, it will come, it will come,
it will surely come

In New Delhi (smelly Dehli) and Hong Kong
They all know that it won't be long
I count my fingers (digit counter) as night falls
And draw bananas on the bathroom walls
The killer cycles (humdrum) the killer hertz
The passage of my life is measured out in shirts
Tine and motion (motion carried) time and tide
All I know and all I have is time and time and tide are on my side
King's leas hat was a poker in the fire, it will come, it will come,
it will surely come
King's lead hat was a mother to desire, it will come, it will come,
it will surely come.

The weapon's ready (ready Freddy) the guns purr
The satellite distorts his voice to a alur
He gives orders (finger poe) which no one hears
The king' s hat fits over their ears
He takes his modicate (INDECIPHERABLE) cold turpentine
he tries to dial out 999999999
He dials reception (moving finger) he's all alone
He's just a victim of the telephone
King's lead hat made the amazon much wider....
...was a poker in the fire...
...was a mother to desire....
...put the innocence inide her...
...was a hammer to desire...

If you're feeling amitious, throw in a few guitar licks, some strange
noises, and continue with the alternate lyrics to "King's Lead Hat":

King's lead hat was a oiker iun the fire it will come, it will come,..
...amazon much wider.....

if God had listend to my story
none of this wule have ever happened
if God had listened to my story
none of this would ever have occured.

you gave me precious understanding
on that imaginary morning
i wrote it down in desperation
and gave out the notice to be served.
if God had listened to my story....

You gave me precious information...

Kig;s lead hat out the innocence inside her....
King's lead hat was a hammer to desire...

..god had listened to my story...
..gave me precious information...

These lyrics were sung backwards to "Tzima N'Arki", on one of the Cluster&Eno
records. The tune was a little different. Hope this helps.