Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brian Eno, "King's Lead Hat"

From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Joe Turner)
Date: Tue, 2 May 89 02:08:31 EDT
Subject: Brian Eno, "King's Lead Hat"

King's Lead Hat
------ ---- ---
Dark alley (dark alley) Black star
Four turkeys in a big black car
The road is shining (bright shine) the wheels slide
Four turkeys going for a dangerous ride
The laquer crackles, the engines roar
My ship was turning broadside to the shore
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
But biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface, woah....

   King's Lead Hat was a poker in the fire
   it will come, it will come, it will surely come
   King's Lead Hat put the innocence inside her
   it will come, it will come, it will surely come

In New Dehli (smelly Dehli) In Hong Kong
They all know that it won't be long
I count my fingers (digit counters) as night falls
And draw bannanas on the bathroom walls
The kilocycles (humdrum) the kilohertz
The passage of my life is measured out in shirts
Time in motion (motion carried) time and tide
All I know and all I have is time and time and tide are on my side

   King's Lead Hat made the alison(?) much wider
   it will come, it will come, it will surely come
   King's Lead Hat was a mother to desire
   it will come, it will come, it will surely come

Weapons ready, guns whirr
The satellite distorts his voice to a slur
He gives orders which no-one hears
King's Hat fits over their ears
He draws his money cane, (?)
He tries to dial out 999...
He draws deception, he's all alone!
He's just a victim of the telephone, woah!!

(That's kinda them.. maybe someone else can fill in the ?'s...)

/joe