Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Secret Messages

From: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 89 00:18:01 CST
Subject: Secret Messages

>     Now, is _this_ one backwards or forwards? Most of the
> suggestions for the solution in the _Newsletter_ have been versions
> of the message as it is heard when played forwards: (Something like
> "Zwoh-neekh- lawn, zwoh-neekh-lawneet. Ett need..." etc.) Anyone
> have any ideas?

I really can't say myself, not having the technical equipment to play
with the sound, but wouldn't it be likely to be in german?  Especially
considering 1) the later passage in (I forget the song) "Tiefer,
Tiefer, Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht" and 2) zwo and things
like it are common in German.  I don't offhand know of any other
language where that's true.  (although I suppose it could be ows in
english, going backwards).

Is there anyone who knows enough german and has some sort of
digitizing equipment that could check this out?
				...uiucdcs\
	Pete Hartman		......noao >!bradley!bucc2!pwh
				......cepu/

		INTERNET: bradley!bucc2!pwh@a.cs.uiuc.edu
		ARPA: cepu!bradley!bucc2!pwh@seas.ucla.edu
		IF ALL ELSE FAILS: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu