Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Love-Hounds Digest

From: Tapdance your way to Social Ridicule <JOHNMC@nuhub.acs.northeastern.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 89 14:19:56 EST
Subject: RE: Love-Hounds Digest

Michael writes:

    >    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with most people about the
    > Kate videos. I really think the "artsy" ones like _Wuthering_Heights_
    > and _The_Man_With_etc... are better videos than the "story" ones like
    > _Hounds_Of_Love_ and _Cloudbusting_. I find that these story ones are
    > too visually distracting. ...

I must disagree with his disagreement. One of the reasons to watch a
video is to see an artists conception of the song. something like
_Cloudbusting_ does just that. True, that some times a video does
nothing to enhance a song (just as a movie may do nothing for the book
it was taken from), but just take them for what they are. If the video
is too distracting, just close your eyes and listen.

As for Guadal Canal Diary, I've become a fan of theirs since their 2X4
album. Their new stuff is pretty good (with a unique viseo for _Always
Saturday_), but I haven't gone back to some of their old stuff yet.

John Mc
:-)