Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Roches on Sunday Night

From: bloch%galahad@ucsd.edu (Steve Bloch)
Date: 15 Apr 89 21:39:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Roches on Sunday Night
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nobody%sdcsvax@ucsd.edu

In article <16369@oberon.USC.EDU> kurtzman%pollux.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman) writes:
>The good news is that the Roches are (or will be shortly) on tour. They are
>appearing in the L.A. area in the middle of May. May 18th they will be at
>a club in Redondo Beach and May 21st they will be at the Coach House in
>San Juan Capistrano. I've got my tickets!
>
>Let's hope they come out with a new record soon. Last year when they were
>on tour they included enough new material in their act to comprise an LP.

I saw them here in San Diego last spring, and although I've always
enjoyed their music, this concert included, they gave a distinctly
"tired" impression, as though they'd done the Alleluia Chorus a
thousand too many times.  I wonder if it's time for them to disappear
into a studio for two years or so, relax and take their time.

"The above opinions are my own.  But that's just my opinion."
Stephen Bloch