Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Trio Bulgarka and KaTe

From: Philip Verdieck <pv04+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 89 07:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Trio Bulgarka and KaTe

Well, we all know how Kate loved working with TR, but what did they think
of working with KaTe?

Reprinted w/o permission from OPTION (Music Alternatives) Magazine
Mar/Apr issue

"The Trio Bulgarka recently helped Kate Bush on three tracks of her
upcoming album. "We were glad to have the opportunity to meet and
work together with Kate Bush," the trio explains with the help of
an interpreter. "Joe Boyd (background deleted) was the one who
initiated it. Kate Bush is a wonderful person and singer, and highly
proffesional. She is a good musician, has a very good attitude towards
others. She's modest, you know, with a very big heart. Her singing
has warmth to it. We had to record the vocals in about two days. It
was hard work, and we improvised Bulgarian harmonies onto her music.
It is not an easy job grafting those harmonies onto other types of
music. But everything went very well, and she was happy to work with
us."

"It was interesting to work in the sphere of pop music," explains Yanka.
"It's another genre, and every professional singer has to take risks and
try new things, has to work to enrich himself, not only in the field of
music but in many other things."
--
ARPA  : Philip.Verdieck@andrew.cmu.edu  |   Carnegie-Mellon University
        PV04+@andrew.cmu.edu            |   Do not attend this college