Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yello

From: sco!time@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Date: Wed Apr 5 16:07:28 1989
Subject: Yello

O.K., time to throw everyone off with a word about the new
Yello album called "FLAG". At first I was a little (well let's
be honest... I was very T'd-Off at the mere thought of them
selling out. By this time I'm sure everyone will agree that
the song 'Oh Yeah' is by far the most overplayed song on T.V.
You can hear it on any commercial ranging from TWIX candy bars
to Budweiser Beer. There are also alot of copies that sound or
try to sound like 'Oh Yeah' on the boob-tube.

BUT... The new album renewed my faith in Boris and Dieter (and
of course I won't forget Beat Ash or Chico Hablas). These men
bring a new meaning to music. Nobody can touch the class these
guys have. The stand out alone. "Tied Up", the first cut on
the album and "The Race" are classic dance songs that will keep
you moving for hours (even without the music). Tos low down
their pace for a second they give us "Of Course I'm Lying",
"Alhambra" and "Otto Di Catania". The only song that Boris
Blank sings lead on is "BlazingSaddles" and he adds a great
deal of Latin flavour to the album. The third song on the album,
"3RD of June" starts out with a Peter Gabriel sound but ends
up being another great Yello song to blow your mind. The last
song on the album "Tied Up In Gear" is faster reprise of "Tied
Up". If you like anything Yello's ever done... I strongly suggest
this album (the C.D. will blow your mind).

"Of course I'm lying...
 but I think I love you"

time