Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: kelley@apollo.COM (John S. Kelley)
Date: 31 Mar 89 20:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I was quite surprised by 2JJJ top 100.  I can't think of one american list
that would include as many "hits" from one group.  Are the Go Betweens the
Australian "ABBA"?  I was VERY surprised that "Solid Rock" by the Goanna
Band was excluded.  hum. Come to think of it. We've been sold a bill of
goods!  For years we've been told that the following bands are Australian
Classics:  Angel City, Real Life, Icehouse, Men at Work, INXS, Split Enz,
Eurogliders, AC/DC, Crowded House, Severed Heads, The Sports, or EVEN
Olivia Newton-John.

If you can get your hands on Goanna "Spirit of Place" grap it!!!
One of the BEST albums ever produced!  A friend sent me the CD
from Australia. Mine forever!!! <or ten years if the paint, lacquer
or lack of gold doesn't kill it!>  >:-)

John Kelley		| solid rock, standing on sacred ground,
kelley@apollo.com	| living on borrowed time. --goanna