Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

2JJJ Top 100 (was Re: Submission...)

From: becker@jvnca.csc.org (Brendan Becker)
Date: 28 Mar 89 14:56:34 GMT
Subject: 2JJJ Top 100 (was Re: Submission...)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I found the 2JJJ top-100 very interesting. It's nice to hear that some
people in this world aren't subjected to the commercial radio formats
of the US.

I was rather surprised at the absenceof a few Aussie/New Zealand bands
that I thought were quite popular (maybe that was the problem) down
under.  Those bands are Icehouse, INXS, and my two favorite "down
under" bands, Split Enz and Crowded House.

How are these bands thought of down in that "Great Southern Land" (to
steal a song title from Icehouse)?  As this appears to be one of the
few newsgroups that has any folks from the Southern Hemisphere on it,
I would definitely like to hear what goes on down there.

Regards,
Brendan