Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

THE Madness (was Re: Voice of the Beehive)

From: becker@jvnca.csc.org (Brendan Becker)
Date: 28 Mar 89 14:48:50 GMT
Subject: THE Madness (was Re: Voice of the Beehive)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> I also noticed recently that there is a new (?) Madness cd out. I
> thought that no one was going to continue the band when they broke
> up. Can anyone confirm this?--YOl

I have heard a song or two from this CD.  The band is now called THE
Madness (rather a cheap shot if you consider that they were calling it
quits supposedly).  Anyway, I find that the music is not the same as
Madness, but yet I found it quite enjoyable.  There isn't any of that
quirky horn section stuff that Madness was known for.  Instead, it
sound more like Madness intentionally doing mid-tempo top-40.
Interesting.  Sorry I don't have a title or label as I have only heard
this stuff on the radio.

Regards,
Brendan