Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pink Floyd & AHM

From: claris!wombat@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 89 17:42:28 EST
Subject: Pink Floyd & AHM

> From: wdh@linus.MITRE.ORG (W. Dale Hall)
>
> 	The Screaming Abdabs:	"Rhapsody in Pink
> 				-- the Psychedelic Years"
>

> So, if the question was really "when did they write all this stuff"
> maybe the answer is "much earlier than we thought." On the other hand,
> maybe this bootleg is a re-compilation, without redeeming historical
> value.  Does anyone out there have more info?

My, but we seem to be digressing off into Pink Floyd land...  Pink
Floyd used to have this interesting habit of performing music that
they were currently working on/writing.  As a result, many a fan in
the '70's got to hear strange and unusual versions of Pink Floyd songs
years, even, before they released the album.  This is one of the
reasons PF bootlegs are so interesting & collected.  To draw a
comparison, there's a KaTe bootleg (_Paris, 1979_ I think [?]) which
has an earlier version of Violin, with some different lyrics.

If you judge strictly by the title of your bootleg, it *does* sound
like a compilation.  But then, bootleggers are notorious for choosing
strange & irrelevant titles.