Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shriekback's "Jam Science"

From: lee%liberty@cs.umass.edu
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 89 11:08:34 EST
Subject: Shriekback's "Jam Science"

Hello again all - nice to see Love-Hounds back in operation!

RE: Multiple versions of 'Jam Science' - yes, there are indeed two versions:
The first was released by Y records in Holland without the band's permission,
but due to free-market regulations they cannot legally block it.  It has a
black front cover with a drawing of a screw on it.  The sound is much more like
the sound of 'Tench' or 'Care' than that of their later work.  The track listing
is slightly different than the official edition (on Arista, if I remember
correctly), and those songs that do appear on both albums are very different
versions.

The official release came out somewhat after the Y records version and has the
more polished sound of 'Oil and Gold' and 'Big Night Music'.  I have both
versions and I like them both - the Y records version makes a good bridge
between 'Care' and 'Oil and Gold'.

'All Lined Up' appears on 'Care'.

							-Peter Lee
							 Scarecrow Person