Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Toyah - Prostitute

From: Richard Caley <mcvax!edai.ed.ac.uk!rjc@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 89 06:36:59 GMT
Subject: Toyah - Prostitute

		"Salutations, dear listener, this is a comedy
		 in three acts: breakfast, lunch and tea -
		 and they'd better not be late!"

Since this group is full of people of such taste ( well they agree with
me sometimes so . . . ) maybe someone could help me with the following
query WRT the album "Prostitute" by Toyah.

The second side of the LP is rather long and my deck decides to pick up
the arm while still not in the end band. What I wish to know is does the
album end with

		"You are not your own property, you
		 have been bourght and payed for."

Or am I missing something important?

For any Ex- fans who lost interest after "Love is the Law" and "Desire"
which I at least think are awful, I would say this album is worth a
look.

While I am here, let me thank all the Hounds whose ravings about Sinead
O'Connor were finally enough to force me to go out and investigate. Roll
on the next album.

		"Thankyou ladies and gentlemen,
		 the show's over, you can all go home now.
		 Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

--
	rjc@uk.ac.ed.aipna	AKA	rjc%uk.ac.ed.aipne@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk

	"Give me a beer and money sandwich, hold the bread."
			- Waldo 'DR' Dobbs