Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: dsr@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu (Dana S. Richards)
Date: 3 Jan 89 17:52:38 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Posted-Date: 3 Jan 89 17:52:38 GMT
Responding-System: uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU

From: dsr@uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU (Dana S. Richards)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Wilhelm Reich
Date: 3 Jan 89 17:52:38 GMT

In article <8901021457.AA16677@hop.toad.com> Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: tim@toad.com (Tim Maroney)
>
>Dana clearly sees book-burning as a very minor thing, of no real import
>as long as the books being burned are the right ones.  I find this mindset
>so incomprehensible that no possibility remains for real debate.  He would
>no doubt find better company in Jerry Falwell's Liberty College than here.

I seem to be defending myself against things I never said.
(I confess it is a good debating tactic: paraphrase in so an outrageous way
as to leave the impression you are dealing with an idiot.  Falwell would
be proud.)

I never advocated book-burning, or any form of censorship.
I merely said medical fraud is a crime.
I am sorry if you think that is controversial.

>I can only repeat that any reading of the lyrics to "Cloudbusting" shows
>that it concerns primarily Reich's arrest by federal agents, not orgonomy.

No doubt this is meant to leave the impression the two things are unrelated.
They are not.

dana