Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ultravox

From: Kari Haug <haug%si.uninett%NORUNIX.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: 2 Jan 89 15:40 +0100
Subject: Ultravox

So, now it's official: Ultravox have split up.
I read an interview with Midge Ure the other day, and he said:
"There is no more Ultravox. We grew apart, and in the end
nothing worked anymore".

Well, I guess that's it. (pass the tissue box, please....)
All of you Ultravox-fans, do not fear! In 1988, both Midge Ure
and Billy Currie released solo-albums. And, in that interview
with Midge Ure, he said that he now was into a project together
with Mick Karn, and that they hoped to go on tour in 1989.
I wonder what that project is all about, I hope it involves an album!

I remember last time Midge Ure and Mick Karn did something together,
back in 1983, that was the single called AFTER A FASHION. If what
they are up to now is anything like that, I'll be looking forward
to it!

-- Kari --

"Eat iron, shit chains"!