Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: henrik@blblbl.UUCP (Larry DeLuca)
Date: 24 Dec 88 10:53:43 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: blblbl.UUCP

From: henrik@blblbl.UUCP (Larry DeLuca)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Mailbag: _TWW_ and non-LP-trax CD
Date: 24 Dec 88 10:53:42 GMT

Andrew,

Thanks for posting the lyrics to _This Woman's Work_.  Where did they come
from?  If they are the published version I will take them at their word.
If not, I think I heard a couple of sentences differently:

 Pray God you can cope.
 I'll stand outside

Here I had "Great God, you can coo! / I stand outside ...".  It seemed as
though the initial coo's (if you will) were directed at the child.

 This woman's work,
 This woman's world.		/* I thought it was "word" */
 Ooh, it's hard on the man.
 Now his part is over.
 Now starts the craft of the father.

And on this one, I believe it's "Now stands the crop of the father" - relating
to the image of the man "sowing his seed".

Other than that I believe they are essentially correct.  Part of the reason
I'm so curious is I've been choreographing this and the difference in lines
would change the opening a fair amount.

					larry...