Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Collectibles for SALE!!!!!

From: Greg Earle <earle@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 88 15:37:22 PST
Subject: Re: Collectibles for SALE!!!!!

>I have MINT copies of the following:
>
>	Kate Bush 1978-1983 BOX SET of 5 singles w/booklet: $200.00
>	Factory Sample dbl-single ORIGINAL release with the following:
>		(Durutti Column, Joy Division, Cab. Voltaire) : $175.00
>
>these are BOTH in MINT condition, and i am willing to negotiate on the
>prices, or better yet, trade for something.  REMEMBER, these contain
>songs unavailable in ANY OTHER format!

Yow!  I've heard of inflation, but ...

I coulda bought the KB box set for $14.95 a couple of years ago.
$175 for FAC 2?  Shit, that's almost as much as for the Sordide Sentimentale.
I hope you still have the "sticker" set inside ...

As for `songs unavailable in ANY OTHER format', the Joy Division songs are
both available on the (J.D.) `Substance' CD and cassette.  As for the
Durutti Column and Cabaret Voltaire, that is true.  But I can't imagine
anyone being a Durutti Column completist, he's too prolific :^) ...
(As for John Dowie, nobody cared about him anyway)

	- Greg