Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WDRE/WLIR is still there

From: jvnccomm@pilot.njin.net (JvNC Communications Testing)
Date: 16 Dec 88 21:40:42 GMT
Subject: Re: WDRE/WLIR is still there
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

OK Bret, my apologies for saying WLIR isn't the same now that it's WDRE.
I realize that there are places in this world that don't have any
stations that come close to "Nu-Music".
But hey since you're right near Philly, there's got to be some college
station there that plays some ok music.
Heck I'm in Trenton (the armpit of NJ (take a look at a map; you'll see
what I mean)), and we have WTSR (Trenton State College) and it's does
an ok job of filling the void now that I'm so far away from WDRE
(actually I don't think it would be so bad if WOBM (barf!! gag!!) was
on the same spot on the dial and so bloody close (Ocean Township).
But you're right Bret, I'll be heading up to THE Island tomorrow and
I won't bitch about WDRE not being WLIR (I still miss it though!! 8^)

Regards,
Brendan
I won't bitch about WDRE not being WLIR. (I still do miss it though! 8^)