Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Enya/Sinead

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 88 23:49:09 EST
Subject: Enya/Sinead

IED-
  I heard from WDRE, the local station, that Enya was in Sinead's
band. They usually seem to know what they are talking about when it
comes to such things. They're "sort of" a really old "new music" station.
I say sort of because they used to be WLIR (from '72 to '87) but they
were attacked in a lawsuit and were taken over by a different company
and are now WDRE. Exactly the same station and D.J.'s but a different
name. WLIR was the first station in America to play U2 by the way. Even
though I say it's exactly the same station, I can feel a difference. I
think it's because I grew up with WLIR. Imagine if you will that your
best friend since early childhood is suddenly replaced by an identical
clone. EXACTLY the same. Personality, everything. You might still "feel"
a difference. Sorry, but I've been awake a long time and I start thinking
weirdly when I desperately need sleep...

Yours tiredly, Mike.

PS: The main reason I'm staying awake when I have to get up early is that
WDRE is giving away prizes every hour because it's their first birthday
(what I consider the first anniversary of the death of WLIR) and are
celebrating by giving US the presents. Be the ninth caller when you hear
the birthday song. Usually get $200 and autographed album (I missed the
Thomas Dolby one. Can I win this hour? Let you know when it happens)