Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: sco!jamescb@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Mon Dec 5 20:10:02 1988

From: jamescb (James Bohem)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: (none)
Date: 6 Dec 88 04:09:59 GMT

In article <6197@cg-atla.UUCP> Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: decvax!cg-atla!welch (John Welch)
>Sorry to differ, but as I recall the songs were "The Man With The Child
>In His Eyes" (performed in trenchcoat and fedora while seated on the
>piano) and "Wuthering Heights".  I distinctly recall Kate's full use of
>her vocal range on "Wuthering Heights", and since the vocal style is so
>different between WH and THP, I don't think it could have been THP.
>Since all of this occured 10 years ago this October, I MAY be mistaken.

It was THP. I remember the coreography from this one - I don't have it on
tape - how many people do you know that had VCR's 10 years ago?(OK, I had
access to a B&W reel and a U-matic at the time, but I didn't tape it :-()

Did anyone get the Night Flight show on tape? I remember it being on Night
Flight on 2 occasions - one where I tuned in to it by surprise, another
when I saw the whole thing (a full hour, I think) cursing about not having
a VCR handy. Then again, the sounds quality wouldn't have been that hot,
unless USA broadcasts high-quality stereo (in which case my cable doesn't
pick it up :-(). Is Night Flight still on, anyway ??
--
James C. Bohem : Member, Technical Staff, Engineering : The Santa Cruz Operation
{uunet, spl1, ucbvax!ucscc, decvax!microsoft, sun}!sco!jamescb : jamescb@sco.COM