Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misc. Love Hounds questions

From: adey@ISTG.DEC.COM (Ken Adey - DTN 291-8372 - DLB5-3/B3)
Date: 5 Oct 88 21:30:00 GMT
Subject: Misc. Love Hounds questions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Posted-Date: 5 Oct 88 21:30:00 GMT

I finally saw 'She's Having a Baby' last night (on video).  While it's
not a bad movie, I didn't really get into it until the end (of course)
when the flash backs occur while Kate is singing 'This Woman's Work'.
Beautiful moment and song.  During the rolling of the credits, there
are various celebrities and ordinary street people suggesting names
for a boy. Is Kate one of those people? I think she shows up right
after one of John Candy's many appearances and says the name
'Mesamurch' or something similiar, I'm not sure what she really says.

Hey Doug, how did you come about interviewing Kate?

      [	I have such a magnetic personality and am so devilishly
	handsome, that Kate just couldn't resist.  -- |>oug ]

Does anyone know why Terry Gilliam (of Monty Python fame) is
credited on 'Hounds of Love'?

      [ I think Kate would claim Terry Gilliam's work as artistic
	inspiration.  Gilliam also helped Kate with her video for
	"Cloudbusting", but that was after the album was released.
	-- |>oug ]

Ken Adey