Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Peter Murphy, This Mortal Coil and Ivo

From: "Hildegarde_E._Minstein.LAX1B"@XEROX.COM
Date: 4 Oct 88 09:09:25 PDT (Tuesday)
Subject: Peter Murphy, This Mortal Coil and Ivo
Posted-Date: 4 Oct 88 09:09:25 PDT (Tuesday)
Sender: "Hildegarde_E._Minstein.LAX1B"@XEROX.COM

Jim,
Thanks for the info on If the World Should Fail to Fall Apart.  I
bought it this weekend and I may even prefer it to "Love Hysteria" in
the end.

I also got a CD copy of This Mortal Coil - Filigree and Lace
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.  I notice that the cellist in this album is
also on If the World Should Fail to Fall Apart.  I'm told by an
english guy visiting our department that this album is essentially
Cocteau Twins with a different slant.  TMC also has another album, but
I've been advised that it is not as "good" as Filigree and Lace.
Another interesting note - Ivo produced Filigree and Lace and also is
thanked by Murphy on If the World Should Fail to Fall Apart.  Who is
Ivo and what esle has Ivo done?  Does he lend a certain something to a
work much the same way Eno does, where the works he produces don't
sound at all alike, the artist's creative potential is so enhanced by
his presence that while the work remains absolutely identifiable as
that artist's the style has become transcendent and much more fully
realized?

Hilly