Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Our Ladies Image (revisited)

From: dan@RNA.ROCKEFELLER.EDU (Dan Ts'o)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 88 01:17:13 EDT
Subject: Re: Our Ladies Image (revisited)
Posted-Date: Tue, 4 Oct 88 01:17:13 EDT

	Sorry to be get to this so late, but I've had a very busy
September.
	Anyways I have now made available a number of images of Kate,
on anonymous FTP from rna.rockefeller.edu, 129.85.1.200 .
	Unfortunately, they aren't in GIF format, nor Macpaint, nor
IFF, not even in raster(5). But they are in a very simple format. If
anyone has a decent raw image to GIF convert, please let me know.
Also, the color images aren't as good as they could be, and could
probably benefit from a color enhancer. They were taken with color
filters and 3 exposures (a kludge, I know, but I don't have a color
camera, yet).
	Below is the README file. Let mw know if you run into
problems...

				Cheers,
				Dan Ts'o		212-570-7671
				Dept. Neurobiology	dan@rna.rockefeller.edu
				Rockefeller Univ.	...cmcl2!rna!dan
				1230 York Ave.		rna!dan@nyu.arpa
				NY, NY 10021		tso@rockefeller.arpa
							tso@rockvax.bitnet

	Here are the Kate Bush images. All are in a very simple raster
format, as follows:
	3 VAX 32-bit longs:	first is either 1 or 3, for mono or color
				second is X, number of pixels per line
				third is Y, number of lines

	then the byte stream, 1 or 3 bytes per pixel.

	The program showimage, can read these images and dump them to
a SUN screen. I have programs for the Ikonas, the Data Translation
DT2651, the QMS QUIC series laser printers and Postscript bitmap laser
printers, all of which understand this format. (BTW showimage seems
very inefficient -- don't blame me, I didn't write it.)

	The SUN program is showimage.c
	The QMS program is qbit.c
	The Postscript program is psraster.c

The follow are 1:1 aspect ratio, from a slow-scan, high S/N CCD camera
kb.ph		192x144	mono	Musician mag, Kate with dunce and globe
kb1.ph		384x288 mono	Keyboard mag, Kate at her Fairlight
kb1.color	384x288 color	Keyboard mag, Kate at her Fairlight
kb2.ph		384x288 mono	Musician mag, Kate with dunce and globe
kb2.color	384x288 color	Musician mag, Kate with dunce and globe
kb4.ph		192x144 mono	The Whole Story cover
kb5.ph		384x288 mono	The Whole Story cover

I believe the follow are 4:3 aspect ratio, from a CCD broadcast video camera.
Only 480 lines are actually image.
dream		512x512 mono	The Dreaming
live		512x512 color	The Live EP
live_m		512x512 mono	The Live EP
nfe		512x512 color	Never for Ever
nfe_m		512x512 mono	Never for Ever
ruth		512x512 color	Running up the Hill 12"
ruth_m		512x512 mono	Running up the Hill 12"
tki		512x512	color	The Kick Inside
tki_m		512x512	mono	The Kick Inside
tki_m1		512x512	mono	The Kick Inside (closeup)

I have also included here the 3 images that the other Love-Hounds poster
made available, which are in SUN rasterfile(5) format.
kb.8bit
kb.highres
kb.reg