Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bill Currie, Steve Howe, & Bill Bruford

From: rpeck@JESSICA.STANFORD.EDU (Raymond Peck)
Date: 4 Oct 88 00:49:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Bill Currie, Steve Howe, & Bill Bruford
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@PORTIA.STANFORD.EDU

> From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour%smiley.mitre.org@GATEWAY.MITRE.ORG>

>	I really hate to bog down this group with news of any other
> than Kate herself, but I figured I'd answer a question.  I don't
> know if this has been covered yet (because I normally don't read
> anything that says Ultravox in it), but last I heard, Bill Currie
> had joined forces with Steve Howe (Yes, Asia, GTR) and Bill Bruford
> (Yes, King Crimson, Earthworks, Dave Torn Quartet).  As far as I
> know, nothing has yet come of it, but I wait with anticipation.  I
> only wish I could remember what the name of the band was...sorry.

Hmmmm. . .
1. Whooz Bill Currie?
2. A friend of mine talked to Bruford this past summer while he was
   on tour with Torn.  Bill said that he, Adrian, and Tony were planning
   on recording an album within the next year.  With The Bears touring
   (they were GREAT last Wed. and Fri. in Santas Clara and Cruz), I wonder
   what will come of this. . .
3. Anyone else heard about the long-lost album that Bruford and Wakeman
   recorded and couldn't get released?  This was late 70's-early 80's. . .
4. WHEN ARE THE BRUFORD CD's COMING OUT???

Kate Stuff:
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all her EP's??  Or at least
those pictured in The Whole Story?  Catalog numbers, too, if possible. . .

See ya.
"Submarines are lurking in my foggy ceiling/ they keep me sleepless at night"
"Read some Kerouac and it put me on the track to burn a little brighter now"