Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 88 11:27 PDT
Subject: MisK.
Posted-Date: Thu, 29 Sep 88 11:27 PDT

     IED thought newer Love-Hounds might enjoy reading a few examples
of Kate's responses to fans' questions, as they appeared originally in
Kate Bush Club Newsletters. Here are two or three, and IED will try to
print a bunch more soon.

Q.: I have just finished reading Shakespeare's _Othello_. In the scene
just before Othello kills Desdamona he says, "Put out the light/Then
put out the light". I was wondering if this means the same thing in
"Blow Away"?

A.: You're the first person in four years to pick up on this -- so,
thank you.

Q.: What was your favourite record of 1983?

A.: "101 Damnations" by Scarlet Party.

Q.: Is the man featured on _The_Dreaming_ cover, in the Houdini Pose,
Del Palmer?

A.: That's for me to know and you to find out.

Q.: Why do you always move your eyes right and left in your videos? It
is very pleasant to watch, but it intrigues me. What is the idea
behind it?

A.: I have to watch out for any demons that might be creeping up on me
and video shoots attract so many of them that I have to keep an extra
eye out in case they trip me up while we're going for a take. You've
seen what happens to Faith Brown because she doesn't look out for
them.

Q.: Have you ever thought of releasing a live L.P.?

A.: Yes.

Q.: What is sung during "Delius", after the bit where Delius is
dictating to Fenby?

A.: Can't you tell?

Q.: What kind of make-up do you use?

A.: I don't bother any more, I use Latex!

Q.: Do the birthday and Christmas cards and presents you
are sent actually reach you?

A.: All the ones I've received have reached me.

Q.: Which is your favourite cover version of one of your songs?

A.: "Poor Old Flea" by Madame Maria Nanky.

-------------------------------------

     Love-Hounds can see why it's sometimes frustrating trying to get
a Bushological problem solved by going to the source for a straight
answer. Admittedly the above selection highlights Kate's most
uncommunicative side. Sometimes she actually gives a question a
substantive answer. But when those are interspersed with the above, it
seems unwise to rely on the "serious" replies, as well.

-- Andrew Marvick

   P.S.: Give it up, Larry DeLuca! When you've taken the trouble to
learn what Kate is _actually_ doing in the "Suspended" video, come
back. You might try the "Mrs. Mop" version of "Army Dreamers" and the
"Ran Tan Waltz" routines, too, before mouthing off again about Kate's
limitations as a choreographer.