Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Review: Sister & Brother

From: Richard Jennings <hpopd!richi@HPLABS.HP.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 88 10:09:32 BST
Subject: Review: Sister & Brother
Posted-Date: Mon, 19 Sep 88 10:09:32 BST

Went into Our Price this weekend and invested in the new Midge Ure
long player; primarily because of _Sister_&_Brother_, not because I'm
a particular fan of the chap.

It's not too bad, a wee bit too obviously "crafted" in places, often
you can guess he's sat back and listened to the mix to see what
twiddly noise he can overlay next.  Kate's duet is quite acceptable,
hardly another _Waking_The_Witch_, concept very much in the
_Don't_Give_Up_ mould, lots of good, powerful KT-screams (dig those
"OH-NO"s).

The inner bad credits mention that Kate's vocals were engineered by
Del and I guess her usual production values show there.

Brother: I am equal to / All a man can do / I am your sister
Brother: If you need me here / In you doubt and fear / I'll be your sister

richi.