Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: err... Tears for Fears anyone?

From: jpb@STL.STC.CO.UK (Jonathan Burke)
Date: 16 Sep 88 16:04:49 GMT
Subject: Re: err... Tears for Fears anyone?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8808231316.AA06027@WONKO.MIT.EDU>, Jamie Andrews
<jha%lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.CS.UCL.AC.UK> writes:

>      I have great trepidation in saying this... does anyone else here
> like Tears for Fears, or know of when their next album is coming out?
> Or have their lyrics, especially for "Listen" off _Songs from the Big
> Chair_?

Why do you "have trepidation"?  Is it because you think you may be posting
to the wrong group, or are you embarrassed to admit that you like Tears for
Fears?

If it's the latter reason, then shame on you!  TFF are magic, even if this
is only my opinion and doesn't count for much.  As for news of the band, the
only word I've heard of late is that Curt Smith is going through a heavy
divorce and is leaving (or has left) Britain to live permanently in the
States; the accuracy of this may be questioned as my source was the "Sun"
newspaper.

I'm sorry that I don't have lyrics for tracks from "Songs from the Big
Chair" (I would be interested in seeing them though) but I do have a word
sheet for "The Hurting" - I will be glad to broadcast (or e-mail) these,
if requested.

> overtones, and I am surprised they haven't been mentioned here to my
> recollection...)

Perhaps rec.music.misc might be a better place to try - I recall reading
a short article where someone asked about TFF, but it was quite a while
ago, and nobody followed up.

By the way, the reason I have taken till now to followup your article is
that I have only recently discovered this newsgroup, and I got engrossed
in reading all the stuff about Kate Bush (yes, I like some of her music -
mainly the first two albums, mind you).  But the whole point of this is to
bring to attention the fact that there are some TFF fans out here who would
like to hear what they are, and will be, up to.

So..any know-alls out there who would like to preach the word on TFF?  If so,
I look forward to reading your news, either here, or in rec.music.misc,
whichever is the most appropriate.