Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: whizzo@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (David Hardy)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 07:21:01 EDT
Posted-Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 07:21:01 EDT

> From: "Liz Owens, Microcomputer Product Center, 491-3889"
>  <BABOOSHKA@nuacc.acns.nwu.edu>

> times), I've been reading _The_Secret_Garden_, by Frances Hodgson
> Burnett, on of those classics I somehow missed as a child. Anyway, for
> those who don't know the story, it's about 2 lonely, ill, fretful
> children who find a secret garden and through the magic of actually
> finding something to care for, become healthy and reasonably nice kids
> after all.  The door to the garden (a ROSE garden) is hidden UNDER THE
> IVY.
>         I'm still working on this idea.

There is a fairly new musical based on this novel.  It's called
(strangely enough) "The Secret Garden."  It features Barbara Cook,
John Cullum, George Rose, Max Showalter, and Judy Kaye.  It's on CBS
Special Products P-19920.  I'm not sure if it contains any clues
related to this idea, but thought I'd mention it, just in case.

                                                 >>> Dave