Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Look how short this posting is!

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 88 11:32 PDT
Subject: Look how short this posting is!
Posted-Date: Sat, 20 Aug 88 11:32 PDT

 >   Bloody pervasive third-person. IED, this is all your fault.

     So you've caught on to IED's master plot at last, eh? You didn't
think he REALLY cared about this "Kate Bush" person, did you? No!
Soon the entire Love-Hounds group will be speaking in the third
person...then whole computer networks...Finally, the entire WORLD will
abandon direct self-reference, and IED will have fulfilled his TRUE
mission, ha-ha!

 >     Hah!  That's what you'd LIKE us to think "abm" stands for, but
 > those of us in the know understand that it really means "abhors
 > Benatar, Madonna".

     Nonsense, everyone knows it stands for "adores Barry Manilow".

 > From: Steve Blair spar!ascway!scb@decwrl.dec.com
 > Subject: Kate Proposal

 >     Seems like there's a lot of interest in seeing Kate live. I for one
 > after seeing the Peter Gabriel "Don't give Up" video with her (yum!!)
 > would also like to see her live somewhere in the USA. My SO thinks I'm
 > crazy, but I've got a proposal perhaps |>oug can handle:
 >      Since |>oug has spoken with her over the years, why not invite her
 > to perform for a small group of Katedevotees (e.g.: all of us on this
 > list). We could each throw-in $30-50.00 each which should cover
 > expenses.  Have it somewhere convient to her to get to. Then we could
 > dine with her after the preformance and show her some of the USA's
 > interesting underbelly scene.
 >
 > -- steve blair

     An extremely unrealistic hope, Steve. Didn't you know that Kate
only does gigs at elementary school auditoriums in southern Nebraska
these days? You have to have to get the principal to sign the letter,
too, or sometimes she doesn't show up.
      On the other hand, you _did_ see her the "Don't Give Up" video,
so.  maybe it's not so unrealistic after all.

-- Andrew Marvick

   P.S.: KATE BUSH IS GOING TO TOUR!!!!!