Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Review

From: Kari Haug <haug%si.uninett@TOR.NTA.NO>
Date: 10 Aug 88 9:55 +0100
Subject: Review
Posted-Date: 10 Aug 88 9:55 +0100

I have now heard a song called "Sister and Brother", taken from Midge
Ure's forthcoming solo-album, due for release on August 29. "Sister
and Brother" is the song in which Kate Bush appears. I heard it at the
record company a couple of days ago, and I'm sure that all you
Love-Hounds will be interested in a review, so here goes:

"Sister and Brother", Midge Ure with Kate Bush, taken from Midge Ure's
forthcoming solo-album "Answers":

I have only heard it once, but I was immediately impressed. I have a
feeling that this is the type of song that becomes more and more interesting
every time one hears it. It is strong, powerful, overwhelming, interesing
and exciting.
First there's a sequence with only Midge Ure singing.
Then there's a sequence with only Kate Bush singing.
Then there's a sequece where they sing together.
And, there's an instrumental sequence which is quite influenced by Kate
Bush's style. All in all it is a fantastic song, you should be
looking forward to it!

--- Kari ---                         "My candle burns in both ends,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~                         it cannot last the night.
                                      But oh, my friends and ah, my foes
                                      it gives a lovely light"

                                      (Edna St. Vincent)