Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: misc... (Mike Oldfield's INCANTATIONS CD)

From: Lazlo Nibble <cscbrkac@CHARON.UNM.EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 88 17:07:57 MDT
Subject: Re: misc... (Mike Oldfield's INCANTATIONS CD)
Posted-Date: Fri, 5 Aug 88 17:07:57 MDT

Stephen Nicholson writes:

>        Just off the topic of Kate at the moment, I was listening to
> my CD of "Incantations" by Mike Oldfield the other night. I found
> that the 3rd track was missing its lead in. I have it on album and
> there is about 5 minutes or so cut out. I was so pissed off. Anyone
> out there have it on CD? Is it the same.  Mine is a Japanese CD.

I have the UK import CD and it is missing the same few minutes at the
beginning of track three.  This is especially frustrating since there
is more than enough room on the disc for the missing music.

Virgin's packaging of the Oldfield CDs leaves much to be desired . . .
the CDs are frequently tracked differently than the jewel box says.
They did have the courtesy to release pretty much his entire catalog
on CD, though.  (As far as I know, only AIRBORN [which was supplanted
by THE COMPLETE MIKE OLDFIELD] and BOXED are as yet unreleased on
disc.)

Does anyone know what the Japanese MOONLIGHT SHADOW CD is?  I know
I've asked it before but nobody seems to know . . .

--
    Lazlo Nibble /\/oo\/\    |   Call Lair Of The Beast BBS: +1 505 268 4804
   cscbrkac@charon.unm.edu   |         "Where Wankies are Welcome"(TM)