Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

err... Tears for Fears anyone?

From: Jamie Andrews <jha%lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.CS.UCL.AC.UK>
Date: 4 Aug 1988 1036-WET (Thursday)
Subject: err... Tears for Fears anyone?
Posted-Date: 4 Aug 1988 1036-WET (Thursday)

     I have great trepidation in saying this... does anyone else here
like Tears for Fears, or know of when their next album is coming out?
Or have their lyrics, especially for "Listen" off _Songs from the Big
Chair_?

     OK, I know they're MTVoids and all their lyrics are about primal
scream therapy, but their albums are about the most beautifully
produced and crafted musical objects I know.  I can still get pleasure
out of just listening to either of them, with headphones, with the
lights out and my eyes closed.  They're not intense or daring, but I'm
not always up for intense daring music...

     (seems to be at least partially relevant to gaffoids, as like KT
they are good, slightly unusual "progressive pop" with psychological
overtones, and I am surprised they haven't been mentioned here to my
recollection...)

--Jamie.
  jha@lfcs.ed.ac.uk
"Wake me up when things get started"